Typhoon's Diary
Well, it was another beautiful fall day, sun was shining,
and a slight crisp breeze was in the air with the colors of fall all around.
I was minding my own business, munching on some hay, when
I heard them. Carl and Meredith were here! I heard my favorite sound ever,
"Hi Ty! How's my boy?" Oh she does love me so much. Of course I had
to act somewhat nonchalant, but make no mistake; I was excited to see her!
Carl and Meredith fed us bulls some grain, as usual, and
of course Meredith hid some range cubes in my tub just for me. She waited
strategically to see what tub I would end up with after Mica made up his mind
on what tub he was taking over… (I
guess you could say he is the 'boss' of the bullpen.)
While we were eating, I heard another one of my other
favorite sounds, the tractor. Carl and Meredith were headed into the bullpen to
split wood. I do enjoy watching them.
They got everything set up and started splitting away. I
was trying to hurry up eating my grain so I could get over and help. When I was
finished, I casually strolled over, while watching my Meredith lift those heavy
chunks of wood as if they were nothing. She is “strong like bull:, worth many
horses”!
I stood there looking handsome, and waited for her to
notice me. Nothing, so I moved a little closer. With horns like mine and these big
handsome eyes, how could she not know I was waiting for her to see me and
scratch my face? Oh enough already … I moved in for a scratch. She flashed that
giggly grin, slipped me a range cube and started scratching my face and rubbing
my eyes and nose. A few more range cubes and I saw Carl just laugh and say,
"Oh alright, we will wait for a bull.” He handed her even more cubes for
her to give me, and kept the other bulls at bay so I could have all of the
attention. I am not sure who loves me more, Carl or Meredith.
This went on for a while, and finally, Carl said,
"OK, we have work to do" so back to splitting they went. I
reluctantly moved aside, only to secretly stroll my way around to the other
side of the tractor to stand by Carl -- again, away from the other bulls. He
believed me when I claimed that I needed more range cubes, and obliged me with
a few more. Then I stood close and watched as they finished splitting a most
impressive pile of firewood.
They then climbed onto the tractor and off they went. Oh
I can't wait for them to be back and to hear Meredith say my favorite words:
"Hi Ty! How's my boy?"
Yep, he knows how to get what he wants. LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment