La Dorada Typhoon's Diary
This was over a year ago, in the heart of another cold
snow-filled winter, which as you know, we Watusi are not so fond of. It was
getting late in the day and dusk was approaching. We had not been fed! Carl is
never late with our feed. What was going on??
Low and behold, here came Meredith with grain (and range
cubes for me of course). She was tromping through the snow with grace. (At
least I thought so.) She filled the
water tank, filled the grain bucket, and started to pull the tubs in toward the
fence to feed us.
She mentioned that Carl was going to be gone for a few
days and that she and Becky would be taking care of us for a bit. I was ok with
this because Meredith always gives me extra loving, scratches my head just
right and I get range cubes!
As she worked, the sun was setting and it was getting
colder. She bent down to pull a tub in close to the fence for grain, and that
is when I heard it! She let out a yell loud enough to scare the neighbor's
cows! She dropped the bucket and grabbed her eye. She was saying words I had
never heard before! She was doing some sort of jumping dancing thing too! Upon
closer investigation, I noticed that there was a piece of fence wire sticking
out and I could only assume that she had poked it into her eye. She was so mad!
I never knew she knew those words!
Now, at the time, Aries and Texas were still with us. Those
boys were in shock! Aries said something
about her sounding worse than a drunken sailor! Man, she was mad..
However, she finished feeding us ( and the cats), closed
up the gates, and left. I was pretty worried about her. So you can imagine how
relieved I was when she showed up early the next morning to feed and she wasn't
swearing anymore. She sure had a mark on her eye, but hey … thought it made her
look tough!

No comments:
Post a Comment