La Dorada Typhoon’s Diary
It
is with great trepidation that I tell this story. Many of you will be
skeptical, many of you will flat out disbelieve, and many of you may get
scared. However, I feel it is my obligation to tell, no to WARN you, about one
of the scariest thing I have ever seen. You have heard of the Wolfman?
Vampires? The Bogey Man Perhaps? I would rather deal with all three than to
encounter the thing of which I shall now explain.
I
started having sightings several years ago. This was when Meredith (she loves
me) started coming out to help Carl around the farm with chores here and there.
Well, I was a bit shy of her for quite a while, but then grew to love her. But
sometimes when she came, I would catch a glimpse of the scariest things ever!
Noisy, fast moving, high pitched and utterly scary to be around at all!
Now
I wasn’t the only bull to be scared of them either. Early on, we had a bull named Aries. He was
one tough bull, I’m here to tell you, as I still have scars from him. Another bull whose barn name was Texas, not
as tough as me, but a bull none the less and several others were ALL Scared of
these…. these… things!
Let
me give you an example of just how scary these things can be. One summer afternoon, Carl and Meredith were
working on something in the barn. I kept seeing glimpses of these fast moving
things around, so I was on alert. When all of a sudden, the littlest thing
started making the single most awful noise I have ever heard. It was even worse
than Mica bellowing on about not being fed grass first. This was ear piercing.
Carl and Meredith came running right up to the scary thing! Man they are brave!
Scared us bulls so bad, we took off running in the other direction. Meredith
physically lifted the thing and squeezed it tight and soon after it stopped
making that awful noise. I heard her tell Carl it was something about a bee
sting? Lord only knows what that is.
On
another occasion, Meredith was out with Carl getting grain and preparing to
split wood. I noticed this fast moving, colorful little thing on MY hay bales!
This was awful. Get it off. Then, there were two of them! What? There was this
noise they made that was all new to me. Carl and Meredith called it giggling. I
called it scary. It kept on and kept on
until Meredith the Brave had these creatures get down.
Now
these kinds of sightings went on for quite a while. Years of being scared, but
the littles seemed to get bigger (not a lot, just a little) and somewhat
quieter. I am still not convinced that
these things are safe, but now, I have trained myself to look away and look
brave when they appear.
What are these things you ask? Carl and Meredith called
them….. Children! Sometimes I heard them being called Kathryn and Jack. So beware, children are about!!!
He is such a drama queen. LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment